Maricopa County, Arizona - Assessor's Office
The Maricopa County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Maricopa County, Arizona. You can contact the Maricopa County Assessor for:
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Checking the Maricopa County property tax due date
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Paying your property tax
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Your property tax bill
301 W Jefferson StThe Maricopa County Assessor's Office is located in Phoenix, Arizona. Phoenix is the county seat of Maricopa County, where most local government offices are located. The assessor's office is located in the same building as the Maricopa County Administration Building, at 301 West Jefferson Street.
Maricopa County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Maricopa County Information
Maricopa County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Maricopa County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Maricopa County Tax Appraiser.
- The Maricopa County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Maricopa County.
- The Maricopa County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Maricopa County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Maricopa County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Maricopa County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Maricopa County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 602-506-3406. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
Please call the assessor's office in Phoenix before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Maricopa County Administration Building at 602-506-3011.