Cochise County, Arizona - Assessor's Office
The Cochise County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Cochise County, Arizona. You can contact the Cochise County Assessor for:
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Your property tax bill
- Paying your property tax
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Checking the Cochise County property tax due date
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
1415 W Melody LaneThe Cochise County Assessor's Office is located in Bisbee, Arizona. Bisbee is the county seat of Cochise County, where most local government offices are located. The assessor's office is located in the same building as the G Building, at 1415 Melody Lane, Bldg. B.
Cochise County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Cochise County Information
Cochise County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Cochise County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Cochise County Tax Appraiser.
- The Cochise County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Cochise County.
- The Cochise County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Cochise County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Cochise County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Cochise County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Cochise County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 520-432-8650. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Cochise County assessor's office at 520-432-8698. Please call the assessor's office in Bisbee before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the G Building at 520-432-9200.