Tuscaloosa County, Alabama - Assessor's Office
The Tuscaloosa County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Tuscaloosa County, Alabama. You can contact the Tuscaloosa County Assessor for:
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Paying your property tax
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Your property tax bill
- Checking the Tuscaloosa County property tax due date
PO Box 20113The Tuscaloosa County Assessor's Office is located in the Tuscaloosa County Courthouse in Tuscaloosa, Alabama. Tuscaloosa is the county seat of Tuscaloosa County, where most local government offices are located.
Tuscaloosa County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Tuscaloosa County Information
Tuscaloosa County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Tuscaloosa County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Tuscaloosa County Tax Appraiser.
- The Tuscaloosa County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Tuscaloosa County.
- The Tuscaloosa County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Tuscaloosa County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Tuscaloosa County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Tuscaloosa County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Tuscaloosa County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 205-349-3870. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
Please call the assessor's office in Tuscaloosa before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Tuscaloosa County Courthouse at 205-349-3870.