Tallapoosa County, Alabama - Assessor's Office
The Tallapoosa County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Tallapoosa County, Alabama. You can contact the Tallapoosa County Assessor for:
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Paying your property tax
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Your property tax bill
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Checking the Tallapoosa County property tax due date
125 N Broadnax St Rm 131The Tallapoosa County Assessor's Office is located in Dadeville, Alabama. Dadeville is the county seat of Tallapoosa County, where most local government offices are located. The assessor's office is located in the same building as the Tallapoosa County Courthouse, at 125 Broadnax Street, Room 106.
Tallapoosa County Assessor Contact Information
Tallapoosa County Assessor Address
Tallapoosa County Revenue Commissioner
125 Broadnax Street, Room 106
Dadeville, AL 36853
Tallapoosa County Assessor Phone Number
Tallapoosa County Assessor's Website
Additional Tallapoosa County Information
Property Search & Mapping (GIS Maps) Geographical Information System
Tax Search & Payments Find Tallapoosa County property tax records
Tallapoosa County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Tallapoosa County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Tallapoosa County Tax Appraiser.
- The Tallapoosa County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Tallapoosa County.
- The Tallapoosa County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Tallapoosa County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Tallapoosa County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Tallapoosa County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Tallapoosa County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 256-825-7818. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Tallapoosa County assessor's office at 256-825-1017. Please call the assessor's office in Dadeville before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Tallapoosa County Courthouse at 256-825-4268.
Find the tax assessor for a different Alabama county
Find property records for Tallapoosa County
The median property tax in Tallapoosa County, Alabama is $292.00