Mobile County, Alabama - Assessor's Office
The Mobile County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Mobile County, Alabama. You can contact the Mobile County Assessor for:
- Paying your property tax
- Your property tax bill
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Checking the Mobile County property tax due date
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
P.O. Box 1443The Mobile County Assessor's Office is located in Mobile, Alabama. Mobile is the county seat of Mobile County, where most local government offices are located.
Mobile County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Mobile County Information
Mobile County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Mobile County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Mobile County Tax Appraiser.
- The Mobile County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Mobile County.
- The Mobile County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Mobile County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Mobile County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Mobile County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Mobile County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 251-574-8530. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Mobile County assessor's office at 251-574-4709. Please call the assessor's office in Mobile before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Mobile County government at 251-574-5077.