Marengo County, Alabama - Assessor's Office
The Marengo County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Marengo County, Alabama. You can contact the Marengo County Assessor for:
- Checking the Marengo County property tax due date
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Paying your property tax
- Your property tax bill
P.O. Box 480715The Marengo County Assessor's Office is located in the Marengo County Courthouse in Linden, Alabama. Linden is the county seat of Marengo County, where most local government offices are located.
Marengo County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Marengo County Information
Marengo County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Marengo County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Marengo County Tax Appraiser.
- The Marengo County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Marengo County.
- The Marengo County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Marengo County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Marengo County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Marengo County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Marengo County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 334-295-2214. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Marengo County assessor's office at 334-295-2254. Please call the assessor's office in Linden before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Marengo County Courthouse at 334-295-2200.