Limestone County, Alabama - Assessor's Office
The Limestone County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Limestone County, Alabama. You can contact the Limestone County Assessor for:
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Checking the Limestone County property tax due date
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Your property tax bill
- Paying your property tax
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
310 W Washington StreetThe Limestone County Assessor's Office is located in the Clinton Street Courthouse Annex in Athens, Alabama. Athens is the county seat of Limestone County, where most local government offices are located.
Limestone County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Limestone County Information
Limestone County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Limestone County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Limestone County Tax Appraiser.
- The Limestone County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Limestone County.
- The Limestone County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Limestone County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Limestone County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Limestone County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Limestone County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 256-233-6433. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Limestone County assessor's office at 256-233-6692. Please call the assessor's office in Athens before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Limestone County Courthouse at 256-233-6400.