Lamar County, Alabama - Assessor's Office
The Lamar County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Lamar County, Alabama. You can contact the Lamar County Assessor for:
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Checking the Lamar County property tax due date
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Your property tax bill
- Paying your property tax
PO BOX 338The Lamar County Assessor's Office is located in the Lamar County Courthouse in Vernon, Alabama. Vernon is the county seat of Lamar County, where most local government offices are located.
Lamar County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Lamar County Information
Lamar County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Lamar County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Lamar County Tax Appraiser.
- The Lamar County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Lamar County.
- The Lamar County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Lamar County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Lamar County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Lamar County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Lamar County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 205-695-9139. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Lamar County assessor's office at 205-695-9971. Please call the assessor's office in Vernon before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Lamar County government at 205-695-7333.