Hale County, Alabama - Assessor's Office
The Hale County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Hale County, Alabama. You can contact the Hale County Assessor for:
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Your property tax bill
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Paying your property tax
- Checking the Hale County property tax due date
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
Notice: Trying to access array offset on value of type null in /home/propertytax101/public_html/assessor_localities.php on line 237
Notice: Trying to access array offset on value of type null in /home/propertytax101/public_html/assessor_localities.php on line 239
The Hale County Assessor's Office is located in the Hale County Courthouse in Greensboro, Alabama.
Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /home/propertytax101/public_html/assessor_localities.php on line 252
Hale County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Hale County Information
Hale County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Hale County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Hale County Tax Appraiser.
- The Hale County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Hale County.
- The Hale County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Hale County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Hale County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Hale County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Hale County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 334-624-3854. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
Please call the assessor's office in Greensboro before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting.
Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /home/propertytax101/public_html/assessor_localities.php on line 352