Geneva County, Alabama - Assessor's Office
The Geneva County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Geneva County, Alabama. You can contact the Geneva County Assessor for:
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Your property tax bill
- Paying your property tax
- Checking the Geneva County property tax due date
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
P.O. Box 430The Geneva County Assessor's Office is located in the Geneva County Courthouse in Geneva, Alabama. Geneva is the county seat of Geneva County, where most local government offices are located.
Geneva County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Geneva County Information
Geneva County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Geneva County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Geneva County Tax Appraiser.
- The Geneva County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Geneva County.
- The Geneva County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Geneva County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Geneva County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Geneva County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Geneva County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 334-684-5650. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Geneva County assessor's office at 334-684-5602. Please call the assessor's office in Geneva before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Geneva County Courthouse at 334-684-5610.