Escambia County, Alabama - Assessor's Office
The Escambia County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Escambia County, Alabama. You can contact the Escambia County Assessor for:
- Your property tax bill
- Paying your property tax
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Checking the Escambia County property tax due date
314 Bellville AveThe Escambia County Assessor's Office is located in Brewton, Alabama. Brewton is the county seat of Escambia County, where most local government offices are located. The assessor's office is located in the same building as the Escambia County government, at 314 Belleville Avenue.
Escambia County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Escambia County Information
Escambia County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Escambia County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Escambia County Tax Appraiser.
- The Escambia County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Escambia County.
- The Escambia County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Escambia County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Escambia County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Escambia County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Escambia County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 251-368-8078. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
Please call the assessor's office in Brewton before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Escambia County government at 251-867-0208.