Dallas County, Alabama - Assessor's Office
The Dallas County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Dallas County, Alabama. You can contact the Dallas County Assessor for:
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Checking the Dallas County property tax due date
- Your property tax bill
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Paying your property tax
- Information on your property's tax assessment
PO BOX 987The Dallas County Assessor's Office is located in the Dallas County Courthouse in Selma, Alabama. Selma is the county seat of Dallas County, where most local government offices are located.
Dallas County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Dallas County Information
Dallas County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Dallas County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Dallas County Tax Appraiser.
- The Dallas County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Dallas County.
- The Dallas County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Dallas County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Dallas County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Dallas County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Dallas County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 334-874-2520. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Dallas County assessor's office at 334-876-4853. Please call the assessor's office in Selma before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Dallas County government at 334-874-2560.