Dale County, Alabama - Assessor's Office
The Dale County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Dale County, Alabama. You can contact the Dale County Assessor for:
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Checking the Dale County property tax due date
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Paying your property tax
- Your property tax bill
202 S Highway 123The Dale County Assessor's Office is located in Ozark, Alabama. Ozark is the county seat of Dale County, where most local government offices are located.
Dale County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Dale County Information
Dale County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Dale County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Dale County Tax Appraiser.
- The Dale County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Dale County.
- The Dale County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Dale County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Dale County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Dale County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Dale County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 334-774-2226. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Dale County assessor's office at 334-445-0498. Please call the assessor's office in Ozark before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Dale County government at 334-774-6025.