Cullman County, Alabama - Assessor's Office
The Cullman County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Cullman County, Alabama. You can contact the Cullman County Assessor for:
- Your property tax bill
- Paying your property tax
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Checking the Cullman County property tax due date
325 2nd St. SE FL 2The Cullman County Assessor's Office is located in the Cullman County Courthouse, Room 102 in Cullman, Alabama. Cullman is the county seat of Cullman County, where most local government offices are located.
Cullman County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Cullman County Information
Cullman County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Cullman County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Cullman County Tax Appraiser.
- The Cullman County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Cullman County.
- The Cullman County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Cullman County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Cullman County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Cullman County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Cullman County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 256-775-4862. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
Please call the assessor's office in Cullman before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Cullman County Courthouse at 256-739-3530.