Crenshaw County, Alabama - Assessor's Office
The Crenshaw County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Crenshaw County, Alabama. You can contact the Crenshaw County Assessor for:
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Your property tax bill
- Checking the Crenshaw County property tax due date
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Paying your property tax
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
P.O. Box 227The Crenshaw County Assessor's Office is located in the Crenshaw County Courthouse in Luverne, Alabama. Luverne is the county seat of Crenshaw County, where most local government offices are located.
Crenshaw County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Crenshaw County Information
Crenshaw County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Crenshaw County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Crenshaw County Tax Appraiser.
- The Crenshaw County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Crenshaw County.
- The Crenshaw County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Crenshaw County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Crenshaw County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Crenshaw County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Crenshaw County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 334-335-6568. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Crenshaw County assessor's office at 334-335-3616. Please call the assessor's office in Luverne before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Crenshaw County Courthouse at 334-335-6568.