Covington County, Alabama - Assessor's Office
The Covington County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Covington County, Alabama. You can contact the Covington County Assessor for:
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Paying your property tax
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Checking the Covington County property tax due date
- Your property tax bill
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
Notice: Trying to access array offset on value of type null in /home/propertytax101/public_html/assessor_localities.php on line 237
Notice: Trying to access array offset on value of type null in /home/propertytax101/public_html/assessor_localities.php on line 239
The Covington County Assessor's Office is located in the Covington County Courthouse in Andalusia, Alabama.
Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /home/propertytax101/public_html/assessor_localities.php on line 252
Covington County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Covington County Information
Covington County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Covington County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Covington County Tax Appraiser.
- The Covington County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Covington County.
- The Covington County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Covington County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Covington County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Covington County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Covington County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 334-428-2540. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
Please call the assessor's office in Andalusia before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting.
Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /home/propertytax101/public_html/assessor_localities.php on line 352