Cherokee County, Alabama - Assessor's Office
The Cherokee County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Cherokee County, Alabama. You can contact the Cherokee County Assessor for:
- Paying your property tax
- Your property tax bill
- Checking the Cherokee County property tax due date
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
Notice: Trying to access array offset on value of type null in /home/propertytax101/public_html/assessor_localities.php on line 237
Notice: Trying to access array offset on value of type null in /home/propertytax101/public_html/assessor_localities.php on line 239
The Cherokee County Assessor's Office is located in Centre, Alabama.
Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /home/propertytax101/public_html/assessor_localities.php on line 252
Cherokee County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Cherokee County Information
Cherokee County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Cherokee County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Cherokee County Tax Appraiser.
- The Cherokee County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Cherokee County.
- The Cherokee County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Cherokee County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Cherokee County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Cherokee County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Cherokee County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 256-927-5527. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Cherokee County assessor's office at 256-927-5528. Please call the assessor's office in Centre before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting.
Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /home/propertytax101/public_html/assessor_localities.php on line 352