Barbour County, Alabama - Assessor's Office
The Barbour County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Barbour County, Alabama. You can contact the Barbour County Assessor for:
- Paying your property tax
- Checking the Barbour County property tax due date
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Your property tax bill
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
Notice: Trying to access array offset on value of type null in /home/propertytax101/public_html/assessor_localities.php on line 237
Notice: Trying to access array offset on value of type null in /home/propertytax101/public_html/assessor_localities.php on line 239
The Barbour County Assessor's Office is located in the Barbour County Courthouse in Eufaula, Alabama.
Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /home/propertytax101/public_html/assessor_localities.php on line 252
Barbour County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Barbour County Information
Barbour County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Barbour County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Barbour County Tax Appraiser.
- The Barbour County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Barbour County.
- The Barbour County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Barbour County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Barbour County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Barbour County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Barbour County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 334-687-7639. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Barbour County assessor's office at 334-687-1579. Please call the assessor's office in Eufaula before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting.
Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /home/propertytax101/public_html/assessor_localities.php on line 352