Autauga County, Alabama - Assessor's Office
The Autauga County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Autauga County, Alabama. You can contact the Autauga County Assessor for:
- Paying your property tax
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Checking the Autauga County property tax due date
- Your property tax bill
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
The Autauga County Assessor's Office is located in Prattville, Alabama.
Autauga County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Autauga County Information
Autauga County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Autauga County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Autauga County Tax Appraiser.
- The Autauga County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Autauga County.
- The Autauga County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Autauga County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Autauga County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Autauga County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Autauga County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 334-361-3709. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
Please call the assessor's office in Prattville before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting.