Chippewa County, Wisconsin - Assessor's Office
The Chippewa County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Chippewa County, Wisconsin. You can contact the Chippewa County Assessor for:
- Your property tax bill
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Checking the Chippewa County property tax due date
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Paying your property tax
The Chippewa County Assessor's Office is located in Chippewa Falls, Wisconsin. Chippewa Falls is the county seat of Chippewa County, where most local government offices are located. The assessor's office is located in the same building as the Chippewa County Courthouse, at Room 105, 711 N. Bridge Street.
Chippewa County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Chippewa County Information
Chippewa County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Chippewa County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Chippewa County Tax Appraiser.
- The Chippewa County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Chippewa County.
- The Chippewa County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Chippewa County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Chippewa County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Chippewa County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Chippewa County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 715-726-7960. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Chippewa County assessor's office at 715-720-2504. Please call the assessor's office in Chippewa Falls before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Chippewa County Courthouse at 715-726-7985.