Grays Harbor County, Washington - Assessor's Office
The Grays Harbor County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Grays Harbor County, Washington. You can contact the Grays Harbor County Assessor for:
- Paying your property tax
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Checking the Grays Harbor County property tax due date
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Your property tax bill
The Grays Harbor County Assessor's Office is located in Montesano, Washington. Montesano is the county seat of Grays Harbor County, where most local government offices are located. The assessor's office is located in the same building as the Grays Harbor County Courthouse, at 100 West Broadway, Suite 21.
Grays Harbor County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Grays Harbor County Information
Grays Harbor County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Grays Harbor County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Grays Harbor County Tax Appraiser.
- The Grays Harbor County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Grays Harbor County.
- The Grays Harbor County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Grays Harbor County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Grays Harbor County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Grays Harbor County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Grays Harbor County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 360-249-4121. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
Please call the assessor's office in Montesano before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Grays Harbor County Courthouse at 360-249-3731.