Warren County, Virginia - Assessor's Office
The Warren County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Warren County, Virginia. You can contact the Warren County Assessor for:
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Your property tax bill
- Paying your property tax
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Checking the Warren County property tax due date
The Warren County Assessor's Office is located in Front Royal, Virginia. Front Royal is the county seat of Warren County, where most local government offices are located. The assessor's office is located in the same building as the Warren County Courthouse, at 220 North Commerce Avenue, Suite 900.
Warren County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Warren County Information
Warren County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Warren County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Warren County Tax Appraiser.
- The Warren County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Warren County.
- The Warren County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Warren County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Warren County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Warren County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Warren County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 540-635-2651-Ext.-207. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Warren County assessor's office at 540-636-8280. Please call the assessor's office in Front Royal before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Warren County Courthouse at 540-636-4600.