Henrico County, Virginia - Assessor's Office
The Henrico County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Henrico County, Virginia. You can contact the Henrico County Assessor for:
- Checking the Henrico County property tax due date
- Your property tax bill
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Paying your property tax
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
The Henrico County Assessor's Office is located in Henrico, Virginia.
Henrico County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Henrico County Information
Henrico County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Henrico County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Henrico County Tax Appraiser.
- The Henrico County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Henrico County.
- The Henrico County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Henrico County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Henrico County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Henrico County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Henrico County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 804-501-4300. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
Please call the assessor's office in Henrico before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Henrico County Government Center at 804-501-4000.