Greene County, Virginia - Assessor's Office
The Greene County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Greene County, Virginia. You can contact the Greene County Assessor for:
- Your property tax bill
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Paying your property tax
- Checking the Greene County property tax due date
The Greene County Assessor's Office is located in the The Law Building in Stanardsville, Virginia. Stanardsville is the county seat of Greene County, where most local government offices are located.
Greene County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Greene County Information
Greene County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Greene County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Greene County Tax Appraiser.
- The Greene County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Greene County.
- The Greene County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Greene County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Greene County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Greene County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Greene County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 434-985-5290. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Greene County assessor's office at 434-985-5283. Please call the assessor's office in Stanardsville before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Greene County Courthouse at 434-985-5201.