Giles County, Virginia - Assessor's Office
The Giles County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Giles County, Virginia. You can contact the Giles County Assessor for:
- Paying your property tax
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Checking the Giles County property tax due date
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Your property tax bill
The Giles County Assessor's Office is located in Pearisburg, Virginia. Pearisburg is the county seat of Giles County, where most local government offices are located. The assessor's office is located in the same building as the Giles County Administration Building, at 130 North Main Street.
Giles County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Giles County Information
Giles County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Giles County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Giles County Tax Appraiser.
- The Giles County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Giles County.
- The Giles County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Giles County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Giles County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Giles County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Giles County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 540-922-3334. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
Please call the assessor's office in Pearisburg before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Giles County Administration Building at 540-921-2525.