Campbell County, Virginia - Assessor's Office
The Campbell County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Campbell County, Virginia. You can contact the Campbell County Assessor for:
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Your property tax bill
- Checking the Campbell County property tax due date
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Paying your property tax
The Campbell County Assessor's Office is located in Rustburg, Virginia. Rustburg is the county seat of Campbell County, where most local government offices are located.
Campbell County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Campbell County Information
Campbell County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Campbell County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Campbell County Tax Appraiser.
- The Campbell County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Campbell County.
- The Campbell County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Campbell County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Campbell County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Campbell County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Campbell County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 434-592-9518. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
Please call the assessor's office in Rustburg before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Campbell County Courthouse at 434-332-9525.