Town of Wilmington, Vermont - Assessor's Office
The Town of Wilmington Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Town of Wilmington, Vermont. You can contact the Town of Wilmington Assessor for:
- Your property tax bill
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Paying your property tax
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Checking the Town of Wilmington property tax due date
The Town of Wilmington Assessor's Office is located in Wilmington, Windham County, Vermont.
Town of Wilmington Assessor Contact Information
Town of Wilmington Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Town of Wilmington Tax Assessor may also serve as the Town of Wilmington Tax Appraiser.
- The Town of Wilmington Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Town of Wilmington.
- The Town of Wilmington Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Town of Wilmington Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Town of Wilmington, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Town of Wilmington about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Town of Wilmington Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 802-464-8591. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Town of Wilmington assessor's office at 802-464-8477. Please call the assessor's office in Wilmington before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting.