Town of Thetford, Vermont - Assessor's Office
The Town of Thetford Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Town of Thetford, Vermont. You can contact the Town of Thetford Assessor for:
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Paying your property tax
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Checking the Town of Thetford property tax due date
- Your property tax bill
The Town of Thetford Assessor's Office is located in Thetford Center, Orange County, Vermont.
Town of Thetford Assessor Contact Information
Town of Thetford Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Town of Thetford Tax Assessor may also serve as the Town of Thetford Tax Appraiser.
- The Town of Thetford Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Town of Thetford.
- The Town of Thetford Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Town of Thetford Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Town of Thetford, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Town of Thetford about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Town of Thetford Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 802-785-2922. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
Please call the assessor's office in Thetford Center before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting.