Wise County, Texas - Assessor's Office
The Wise County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Wise County, Texas. You can contact the Wise County Assessor for:
- Checking the Wise County property tax due date
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Paying your property tax
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Your property tax bill
The Wise County Assessor's Office is located in Decatur, Texas. Decatur is the county seat of Wise County, where most local government offices are located.
Wise County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Wise County Information
Wise County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Wise County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Wise County Tax Appraiser.
- The Wise County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Wise County.
- The Wise County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Wise County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Wise County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Wise County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Wise County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 940-627-3523. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Wise County assessor's office at 940-627-7237. Please call the assessor's office in Decatur before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Wise County Courthouse at 940-627-5743.