Rains County, Texas - Assessor's Office
The Rains County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Rains County, Texas. You can contact the Rains County Assessor for:
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Your property tax bill
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Checking the Rains County property tax due date
- Paying your property tax
The Rains County Assessor's Office is located in the Rains County Courthouse Annex in Emory, Texas. Emory is the county seat of Rains County, where most local government offices are located.
Rains County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Rains County Information
Rains County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Rains County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Rains County Tax Appraiser.
- The Rains County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Rains County.
- The Rains County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Rains County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Rains County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Rains County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Rains County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 903-473-5000-Ext.-108. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Rains County assessor's office at 903-473-3139. Please call the assessor's office in Emory before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Rains County Courthouse at 903-473-2461.