Palo Pinto County, Texas - Assessor's Office
The Palo Pinto County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Palo Pinto County, Texas. You can contact the Palo Pinto County Assessor for:
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Your property tax bill
- Checking the Palo Pinto County property tax due date
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Paying your property tax
The Palo Pinto County Assessor's Office is located in Palo Pinto, Texas. Palo Pinto is the county seat of Palo Pinto County, where most local government offices are located.
Palo Pinto County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Palo Pinto County Information
Palo Pinto County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Palo Pinto County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Palo Pinto County Tax Appraiser.
- The Palo Pinto County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Palo Pinto County.
- The Palo Pinto County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Palo Pinto County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Palo Pinto County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Palo Pinto County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Palo Pinto County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 940-659-1271. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Palo Pinto County assessor's office at 940-659-3628. Please call the assessor's office in Palo Pinto before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Palo Pinto County Courthouse at 940-659-1253.