Midland County, Texas - Assessor's Office
The Midland County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Midland County, Texas. You can contact the Midland County Assessor for:
- Paying your property tax
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Checking the Midland County property tax due date
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Your property tax bill
The Midland County Assessor's Office is located in Midland, Texas. Midland is the county seat of Midland County, where most local government offices are located.
Midland County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Midland County Information
Midland County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Midland County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Midland County Tax Appraiser.
- The Midland County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Midland County.
- The Midland County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Midland County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Midland County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Midland County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Midland County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 432-688-4810. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Midland County assessor's office at 432-688-4918. Please call the assessor's office in Midland before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Midland County Courthouse at 432-688-4401.