McLennan County, Texas - Assessor's Office
The McLennan County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in McLennan County, Texas. You can contact the McLennan County Assessor for:
- Paying your property tax
- Checking the McLennan County property tax due date
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Your property tax bill
The McLennan County Assessor's Office is located in the McLennan County Records Bldg. in Waco, Texas. Waco is the county seat of McLennan County, where most local government offices are located.
McLennan County Assessor Contact Information
Additional McLennan County Information
McLennan County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the McLennan County Tax Assessor may also serve as the McLennan County Tax Appraiser.
- The McLennan County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in McLennan County.
- The McLennan County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The McLennan County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in McLennan County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting McLennan County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the McLennan County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 254-757-5130. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the McLennan County assessor's office at 254-757-2666. Please call the assessor's office in Waco before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Mclennan County Courthouse at 254-757-5049.