Falls County, Texas - Assessor's Office
The Falls County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Falls County, Texas. You can contact the Falls County Assessor for:
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Your property tax bill
- Checking the Falls County property tax due date
- Paying your property tax
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
The Falls County Assessor's Office is located in Marlin, Texas. Marlin is the county seat of Falls County, where most local government offices are located.
Falls County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Falls County Information
Falls County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Falls County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Falls County Tax Appraiser.
- The Falls County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Falls County.
- The Falls County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Falls County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Falls County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Falls County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Falls County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 254-883-1436. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Falls County assessor's office at 254-883-1438. Please call the assessor's office in Marlin before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Falls County Courthouse at 254-883-1408.