Bell County, Texas - Assessor's Office
The Bell County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Bell County, Texas. You can contact the Bell County Assessor for:
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Your property tax bill
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Paying your property tax
- Checking the Bell County property tax due date
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
The Bell County Assessor's Office is located in Belton, Texas. Belton is the county seat of Bell County, where most local government offices are located.
Bell County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Bell County Information
Bell County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Bell County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Bell County Tax Appraiser.
- The Bell County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Bell County.
- The Bell County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Bell County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Bell County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Bell County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Bell County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 254-933-5316. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Bell County assessor's office at 254-933-5325. Please call the assessor's office in Belton before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Bell County Courthouse at 254-939-3521.