Archer County, Texas - Assessor's Office
The Archer County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Archer County, Texas. You can contact the Archer County Assessor for:
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Checking the Archer County property tax due date
- Paying your property tax
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Your property tax bill
The Archer County Assessor's Office is located in Archer City, Texas. Archer City is the county seat of Archer County, where most local government offices are located.
Archer County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Archer County Information
Archer County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Archer County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Archer County Tax Appraiser.
- The Archer County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Archer County.
- The Archer County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Archer County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Archer County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Archer County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Archer County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 940-574-4224. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Archer County assessor's office at 940-574-4625. Please call the assessor's office in Archer City before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Archer County Courthouse at 940-574-4811.