Wilson County, Tennessee - Assessor's Office
The Wilson County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Wilson County, Tennessee. You can contact the Wilson County Assessor for:
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Paying your property tax
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Checking the Wilson County property tax due date
- Your property tax bill
The Wilson County Assessor's Office is located in Lebanon, Tennessee. Lebanon is the county seat of Wilson County, where most local government offices are located. The assessor's office is located in the same building as the Wilson County Courthouse, at 228 East Main Street, Room 4.
Wilson County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Wilson County Information
Wilson County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Wilson County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Wilson County Tax Appraiser.
- The Wilson County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Wilson County.
- The Wilson County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Wilson County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Wilson County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Wilson County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Wilson County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 615-444-8661. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
Please call the assessor's office in Lebanon before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Wilson County Courthouse at 615-444-1383.