Putnam County, Tennessee - Assessor's Office
The Putnam County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Putnam County, Tennessee. You can contact the Putnam County Assessor for:
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Your property tax bill
- Checking the Putnam County property tax due date
- Paying your property tax
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
The Putnam County Assessor's Office is located in the Putnam County Courthouse in Cookeville, Tennessee.
Putnam County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Putnam County Information
Putnam County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Putnam County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Putnam County Tax Appraiser.
- The Putnam County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Putnam County.
- The Putnam County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Putnam County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Putnam County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Putnam County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Putnam County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 931-528-8428. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Putnam County assessor's office at 931-520-0468. Please call the assessor's office in Cookeville before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting.