Marion County, Tennessee - Assessor's Office
The Marion County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Marion County, Tennessee. You can contact the Marion County Assessor for:
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Your property tax bill
- Paying your property tax
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Checking the Marion County property tax due date
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
The Marion County Assessor's Office is located in Jasper, Tennessee. Jasper is the county seat of Marion County, where most local government offices are located.
Marion County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Marion County Information
Marion County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Marion County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Marion County Tax Appraiser.
- The Marion County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Marion County.
- The Marion County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Marion County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Marion County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Marion County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Marion County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 423-942-3494. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
Please call the assessor's office in Jasper before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Marion County Courthouse at 423-942-2552.