Hawkins County, Tennessee - Assessor's Office
The Hawkins County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Hawkins County, Tennessee. You can contact the Hawkins County Assessor for:
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Paying your property tax
- Your property tax bill
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Checking the Hawkins County property tax due date
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
The Hawkins County Assessor's Office is located in Rogersville, Tennessee.
Hawkins County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Hawkins County Information
Hawkins County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Hawkins County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Hawkins County Tax Appraiser.
- The Hawkins County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Hawkins County.
- The Hawkins County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Hawkins County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Hawkins County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Hawkins County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Hawkins County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 423-272-8505. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Hawkins County assessor's office at 423-272-0159. Please call the assessor's office in Rogersville before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting.