Cocke County, Tennessee - Assessor's Office
The Cocke County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Cocke County, Tennessee. You can contact the Cocke County Assessor for:
- Checking the Cocke County property tax due date
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Your property tax bill
- Paying your property tax
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
The Cocke County Assessor's Office is located in the Cocke County Courthouse in Newport, Tennessee.
Cocke County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Cocke County Information
Cocke County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Cocke County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Cocke County Tax Appraiser.
- The Cocke County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Cocke County.
- The Cocke County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Cocke County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Cocke County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Cocke County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Cocke County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 423-623-7024. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
Please call the assessor's office in Newport before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting.