Aiken County, South Carolina - Assessor's Office
The Aiken County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Aiken County, South Carolina. You can contact the Aiken County Assessor for:
- Paying your property tax
- Your property tax bill
- Checking the Aiken County property tax due date
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Information on your property's tax assessment
The Aiken County Assessor's Office is located in Aiken, South Carolina. Aiken is the county seat of Aiken County, where most local government offices are located. The assessor's office is located in the same building as the Aiken County Courthouse, at 828 Richland Avenue West.
Aiken County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Aiken County Information
Aiken County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Aiken County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Aiken County Tax Appraiser.
- The Aiken County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Aiken County.
- The Aiken County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Aiken County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Aiken County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Aiken County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Aiken County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 803-642-1583. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Aiken County assessor's office at 803-642-1577. Please call the assessor's office in Aiken before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Aiken County Courthouse at 803-642-1715.