Susquehanna County, Pennsylvania - Assessor's Office
The Susquehanna County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Susquehanna County, Pennsylvania. You can contact the Susquehanna County Assessor for:
- Paying your property tax
- Checking the Susquehanna County property tax due date
- Your property tax bill
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Information on your property's tax assessment
The Susquehanna County Assessor's Office is located in the Susquehanna County Courthouse in Montrose, Pennsylvania. Montrose is the county seat of Susquehanna County, where most local government offices are located.
Susquehanna County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Susquehanna County Information
Susquehanna County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Susquehanna County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Susquehanna County Tax Appraiser.
- The Susquehanna County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Susquehanna County.
- The Susquehanna County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Susquehanna County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Susquehanna County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Susquehanna County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Susquehanna County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 570-278-4600-Ext.-150. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Susquehanna County assessor's office at 570-278-9268. Please call the assessor's office in Montrose before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Susquehanna County Courthouse at 570-278-4600.