Lycoming County, Pennsylvania - Assessor's Office
The Lycoming County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Lycoming County, Pennsylvania. You can contact the Lycoming County Assessor for:
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Paying your property tax
- Checking the Lycoming County property tax due date
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Your property tax bill
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
The Lycoming County Assessor's Office is located in the Lycoming County Courthouse in Williamsport, Pennsylvania. Williamsport is the county seat of Lycoming County, where most local government offices are located.
Lycoming County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Lycoming County Information
Lycoming County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Lycoming County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Lycoming County Tax Appraiser.
- The Lycoming County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Lycoming County.
- The Lycoming County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Lycoming County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Lycoming County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Lycoming County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Lycoming County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 570-327-2301. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Lycoming County assessor's office at 570-327-2309. Please call the assessor's office in Williamsport before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Lycoming County Courthouse at 570-320-2124.