Clearfield County, Pennsylvania - Assessor's Office
The Clearfield County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Clearfield County, Pennsylvania. You can contact the Clearfield County Assessor for:
- Paying your property tax
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Your property tax bill
- Checking the Clearfield County property tax due date
The Clearfield County Assessor's Office is located in Clearfield, Pennsylvania. Clearfield is the county seat of Clearfield County, where most local government offices are located. The assessor's office is located in the same building as the Clearfield County Courthouse, at 230 East Market Street.
Clearfield County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Clearfield County Information
Clearfield County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Clearfield County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Clearfield County Tax Appraiser.
- The Clearfield County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Clearfield County.
- The Clearfield County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Clearfield County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Clearfield County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Clearfield County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Clearfield County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 814-765-2641-Ext.-5997. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
Please call the assessor's office in Clearfield before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Clearfield County Courthouse at 814-765-2641.