Armstrong County, Pennsylvania - Assessor's Office
The Armstrong County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Armstrong County, Pennsylvania. You can contact the Armstrong County Assessor for:
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Your property tax bill
- Paying your property tax
- Checking the Armstrong County property tax due date
The Armstrong County Assessor's Office is located in Kittanning, Pennsylvania. Kittanning is the county seat of Armstrong County, where most local government offices are located. The assessor's office is located in the same building as the Armstrong County Courthouse, at 450 East Market Street.
Armstrong County Assessor Contact Information
Armstrong County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Armstrong County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Armstrong County Tax Appraiser.
- The Armstrong County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Armstrong County.
- The Armstrong County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Armstrong County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Armstrong County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Armstrong County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Armstrong County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 724-548-3217. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Armstrong County assessor's office at 724-548-3335. Please call the assessor's office in Kittanning before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Armstrong County Courthouse at 724-543-2500.