Yamhill County, Oregon - Assessor's Office
The Yamhill County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Yamhill County, Oregon. You can contact the Yamhill County Assessor for:
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Your property tax bill
- Checking the Yamhill County property tax due date
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Paying your property tax
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
The Yamhill County Assessor's Office is located in McMinnville, Oregon. McMinnville is the county seat of Yamhill County, where most local government offices are located.
Yamhill County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Yamhill County Information
Yamhill County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Yamhill County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Yamhill County Tax Appraiser.
- The Yamhill County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Yamhill County.
- The Yamhill County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Yamhill County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Yamhill County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Yamhill County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Yamhill County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 503-434-7521. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Yamhill County assessor's office at 503-434-7352. Please call the assessor's office in McMinnville before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Yamhill County Courthouse at 503-434-7501.