Harney County, Oregon - Assessor's Office
The Harney County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Harney County, Oregon. You can contact the Harney County Assessor for:
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Your property tax bill
- Checking the Harney County property tax due date
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Paying your property tax
- Information on your property's tax assessment
The Harney County Assessor's Office is located in Burns, Oregon.
Harney County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Harney County Information
Harney County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Harney County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Harney County Tax Appraiser.
- The Harney County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Harney County.
- The Harney County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Harney County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Harney County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Harney County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Harney County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 541-573-8365. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Harney County assessor's office at 541-573-8193. Please call the assessor's office in Burns before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting.