Deschutes County, Oregon - Assessor's Office
The Deschutes County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Deschutes County, Oregon. You can contact the Deschutes County Assessor for:
- Checking the Deschutes County property tax due date
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Your property tax bill
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Paying your property tax
- Information on your property's tax assessment
The Deschutes County Assessor's Office is located in Bend, Oregon. Bend is the county seat of Deschutes County, where most local government offices are located. The assessor's office is located in the same building as the Deschutes County Courthouse, at 1300 NW Wall Street, Suite 200.
Deschutes County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Deschutes County Information
Deschutes County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Deschutes County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Deschutes County Tax Appraiser.
- The Deschutes County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Deschutes County.
- The Deschutes County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Deschutes County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Deschutes County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Deschutes County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Deschutes County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 541-388-6508. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Deschutes County assessor's office at 541-330-4629. Please call the assessor's office in Bend before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Deschutes County Courthouse at 541-388-6570.