Muskogee County, Oklahoma - Assessor's Office
The Muskogee County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Muskogee County, Oklahoma. You can contact the Muskogee County Assessor for:
- Paying your property tax
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Your property tax bill
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Checking the Muskogee County property tax due date
The Muskogee County Assessor's Office is located in Muskogee, Oklahoma. Muskogee is the county seat of Muskogee County, where most local government offices are located.
Muskogee County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Muskogee County Information
Muskogee County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Muskogee County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Muskogee County Tax Appraiser.
- The Muskogee County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Muskogee County.
- The Muskogee County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Muskogee County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Muskogee County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Muskogee County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Muskogee County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 918-682-8781. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
Please call the assessor's office in Muskogee before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Muskogee County Courthouse at 918-682-9601.